If you’re anything like me, you love having candles and potpourri around. Needless to say, however, you have to be very, very careful when you have furry little babies in the house. Curiosity can cause them to investigate and, thereby, land themselves in danger. Be sure candles are never left unattended. Also watch out for tablecloths or anything that a curious cat can pull down on herself in an attempt to check out the “fascinating” candle.
Also be sure liquid potpourri far from your pets’ reach. The essential oils in these fragrant mixes can be harmful to pets who spill it on themselves or get it on their fur. The Cationic detergents in hot scented oils can cause significant burns to a cat’s esophagus, mouth and tongue.
Try putting liquid potpourri far from your pets’ reach or using an air freshener instead.