I saw something advertised on television about a week ago, Tidy Cats Litter with Ammonia Blocker, and it really caught my attention.
As anyone with boy cats knows, some have more of an ammonia smell in their urine than other cats do. Sometimes it has to do with illness or dehydration but, it’s been my experience that sometimes it simply is what it is and some cats have more offensive pee (as well as the other!) than others do.
I can’t prove it or back it up scientifically, but my many years as a cat mom have also made me discover that it is often males with the most ammonia smell to their urine.
Just part of being a boy, I guess!
I’ve always thought litter companies should focus on the ammonia aspect and come up with a way to neutralize it or “block” it. Purina has read this crazy cat lady’s mind… and they made it Light Weight, too, which is BY FAR my favorite cat litter to use.
I haven’t found Tidy Cats Litter with Ammonia Blocker in stores, yet, but I have found it on Amazon. Since that means they bring it right to me, that might even be better than stores!
- 17 lb. Pail – Purina Tidy Cats Lightweight Free & Clean With Ammonia Blocker Clumping Cat Litter
- Unscented cat litter that’s free of fragrances and dyes
- Features odor-absorbing activated charcoal
- Ammonia Blocker prevents ammonia odor for at least 2 weeks, guaranteed when used as directed
- Features TidyLock technology to lock away odors